We thank Community Bank Clovelly for again sponsoring and supporting our Umpires Pathway Program for 2024.
BE MENTORED, WORK TOWARDS ATTAINING HIGHER ACCREDITATION AND BECOME PART OF OUR REPRESENTATIVE UMPIRE TEAM.
The following form is an application to the 2024 Umpires Program for those wishing to be selected to the targeted group of umpires for either the attainment of a National C Badge or National B badge. There will be two Badging Pathways – C Badge & B Badge
- In the 2024 season the RNA Umpires Committee will be running two pathways for badging with the aim of attaining a number of badged umpires at Heffron this season!
- Please see the application form below for the pathway programs – you can nominate or be nominated by your club.
- C Badge Pathway – This program is aimed at umpires that gained experienced/were mentored in 2023 and are suitable for consideration for C badging. *It is not for brand new umpires – for the 2024 season, general mentoring and introduction to umpiring will continue to be managed by individual clubs.
- B Badge Pathway – Nominations should be made by clubs of their umpires that currently hold a C Badge accreditation that would like to progress to a B Badge
- Both pathways will require umpires to commit to umpiring at carnivals and attend sessions of learning. This is aimed at providing the umpires the best coaching and allow development of the umpire to the accreditation.
- Please note that acceptance into the pathway does not guarantee the accreditation.
- Please submit all applications by Monday 18th of March 2024.
Commitment Level Requirements:
The 2024 Umpires program will require commitments from the individual including:
- Attendance to at least 2 representative carnivals
- Carnivals and dates are on the form below for you to select from
- Transport can be arranged
- Availability to attend nominated education sessions in 2024
- Rules information – the first session is on Saturday 23 March 11:00 – 12:30pm
- Practical Lessons
- Regularly umpire 1-2 games per week at Randwick during the competition to receive feedback
NOTE: Acceptance to the program does not guarantee the attainment of a badge.