Summer Wednesday Night Competition 2020
*Please note Juniors (17 and under for the purposes of MyNetball) that want to play in Seniors please chose the Summer Junior Product and you will be place in the Seniors team as provided on your Team Registration Form.
Rules for Entry
Randwick Netball Association (RNA) will run a Summer Night Competition in 2020. RNA Summer Night Competition will be held Wednesday nights at Heffron netball courts from Wed 14th October 2020 concluding on Wed 9th December 2020.
The RNA canteen will operate during the summer night competition but will not provide the full menu offering as per the winter competition.
Registration for teams will open on Wed 12th September 2019. Team registrations will close Wed 7th October 2020
The RNA Summer Night Competition will be open to:
JUNIOR Teams – can be aged between 10 years and 14 years (age as at 31 December 2020) NOW 9 years able to register.
9/10 yrs Competitive and Social
11/12 yrs Competitive and Social
13/14 yrs Competitive and Social
SENIOR Ladies Teams – 14 years and over
Competitive and Social 9
MIXED Division – dependant on numbers and team interests ??
Summer Night Competition Dates
· Wednesday, 14 October 2020
· Round 1
· Wednesday, 21 October 2020
· Round 2
· Wednesday, 28 October 2020
· Round 3
· Wednesday, 4 November 2020
· Round 4
· Wednesday, 11 November 2020
· Round 5
· Wednesday, 18 November 2020
· Round 6
· Wednesday, 25 November 2020
· Round 7
· Wednesday, 2 December 2020
· Round 8
· Wednesday, 9 December 2020
· Round 9 (Finals Round)
Summer Night Competition Game Times
Game times are approximate timeslots based on number of entries received in each division. 1st Time Slot will be roughly 5.15pm.
· Junior Teams
· Approx. 1st Time Slot 5.15pm
· Senior Ladies Teams & Mixed
· Approx 2nd Time Slot 6:15pm
Teams must have no less than 8 registered players and no more than 10 registered players.
- Each Team entered must have a dedicated Team Captain and this will be noted on the team registration form along with a contact number.
- Team players can be from same club, different club or a mix of clubs but teams should wear same club uniform (outfit), during summer competition. Male team players are to wear similar colours to match club uniform (outfit).
- Each team to provide a Team Name on team registration form.
Teams must supply their own umpire. For Senior Ladies, Mixed Division umpires must be a minimum of 16 years of age. All umpires should be identified by wear a white top.
Registration Process and Fees
All individual team players must register via the RNA MyNetball link and pay the appropriate fees. Existing netball players must use their current MyNetball ID number to register. New players will be provided with a MyNetball number at completion of registration.
The Team Captain is responsible to ensure that all team players noted on the submitted Team Registration Form have completed their registered via the RNA MyNetball link and full payment has been made, prior to submission of the Team Registration Form
Netball players who have played in the 2020 Winter Season (of any NSW netball association) will be charged a fee of approximately $50.00 and must register via their MyNetball ID. Players who are new will be charged a fee of approximately $100.00. All player registrations must be via the MyNetball link noted above and pay in full at time of registration. All players once registered will by covered by Netball NSW Insurance.
Netball NSW offers no refunds for player registration. Please be careful NOT TO DUPLICATE your Player registration – NO REFUND.
NO refund for teams withdrawing.
Any registered player under the age of 18 is able to apply their Active Kids Voucher to their registration, if applicable. However if paying $50 due to playing in the Winter will not receive a refund of $50
Team Registration Form
Team Registration form must be submitted by Team Captain, ensure all players have registered via the MyNetball link prior to submission by the close date.
Competition Rules – Junior/Senior/Mixed
- All games will commence and finish by the siren.
- Games will be 40 minutes duration, (4qtrs x 10 minutes)
- Competition rules are as per Randwick Netball Association policy guidelines: proof of eligibility, registration of players, forfeits, injuries.
- Mixed teams: 3 males only on the court at the any one time and positioned one in each third only.
Each team will be responsible to supplier their own scorer. Score cards are to be collected from Control with the first team listed in the division draw responsible on collection. The winning team is responsible to return the completed score card to the control after the game. Any score cards not handed in after the game will have no points allocated.
Any team found to have players who are not registered but play during the summer competition will lose 2 points.
In the event of games being cancelled due to wet weather half games will be played the following round. RNA will communicate any wet weather notices via the RNA website or RNA Facebook page.
Any team unable to play their scheduled game must advise the RNA by midday on the Wednesday of play. Team Captains are responsible to communicate any forfeits direct to email@example.com
Points will be awarded to the opposing team in the event of a forfeit.
Grand finals for all divisions will be held on the final round Wednesday, 9th December 2020. The winning team for each division will be noted as “first past the post”.