FIXTURES FOR ROUND 1
Rules for Entry
PLEASE NOTE THAT ON PLAYHQ THIS SEASON IS NAMED AUTUMN 2024 AND DUE TO A TECHNICAL ISSUE, WE CANNOT CHANGE THE SEASON NAME TO SUMMER 2024. PLEASE JUST GO AHEAD AND REGISTER USING “AUTUMN 2024”.
Randwick Netball Association (RNA) will run a Summer Competition in 2024. RNA Summer Competition will be held Wednesday nights at Heffron netball courts from 21 February 2024 concluding on 10 April 2024 and played across three timeslots: 5pm (NSG/Junior), 6pm (Junior/Inter) & 7pm (Open/Mixed/Dad 7 Daughter).
The RNA canteen will operate during the summer competition but will not provide the full menu offering as per the winter competition. The canteen will have a selection of drinks and pre-packaged items for sale ie chips, chocolates, lollies, ice blocks. We will also invite food trucks to attend during the summer competition.
Registration will open on Tuesday, 2 January 2024 and registration will close at 5pm on Friday, 9 February 2024.
- players must register via the PlayHQ application link that will be initiated by the Team Captain.
- Team Captains must ensure they have submitted their team registration form on or before close date ensuring all players have registered in PlayHQ (essential).
The RNA Summer Competition is open to:
- Net Set Go – 7, 8 & 9 years of age (as at 31 December 2024)
- Junior –10 years to 14 years (age as at 31 December 2024)
- Inters – 15 years (age as at 31 December 2024)
- Open / Mixed / Dad & Daughter* – 15 years and over
*We have also introduced a “Dad & Daughter” category during the Summer Comp. Based on the team numbers received in this category, this will be incorporated within the Open/Mixed competition. As per the mixed rulings, only 3 males can take the court at any time.
Summer Competition Dates 2024
Wednesday, 21 February 2024
Wednesday, 28 February 2024
Wednesday, 7 March 2024
Wednesday, 13 March 2024
Wednesday, 20 March 2024
Wednesday, 27 March 2024
Wednesday, 3 April 2024
Wednesday, 10 April 2024
Round 8 – final round
Summer Competition Game Times
Game times are approximate based on number of entries received in each division. 1st Time Slot will be 5.00pm.
NetSetGo and Junior Teams
1st Time Slot – 5.00pm
Junior and Inter Teams
2nd Time Slot – 6.00pm
Open/Mixed/Dad & Daughter
3rd Time Slot – 7.00pm
Teams must have no less than 7 registered players and no more than 10 registered players.
- Each Team entered must have a dedicated Team Captain.
- Team players can be from same club, different club or a mix of clubs.
- Team Captain will register team name within PlayHQ and will provide link to team members to complete individual registrations.
- Team Captain must ensure that team registration form is submitted by close date ie Friday, 9 February 2024 to email@example.com
RNA will have an Umpire Coordinator overseeing the Summer Competition for umpire game allocations.
Due to modified play for all NetSetGo teams entering the Summer Competition please note that your coach will also be the dedicated umpire.
All umpires will be allocated to games weekly in advance during the competition via a dedicated WhatsApp group managed by the Umpire Coordinator. All umpires should be identified by wearing a white top. All umpires will be paid at the conclusion of their allocated weekly games via EFT to their provided bank account by the Friday after the game during the Summer Competition.
All umpires are required to attend the Control to sign on, collect or return goal post pads (first and last game times) and may be asked to take scorecards to court.
If you are interested in being an umpire during the Summer Competition, please send your expression via the below link: https://forms.gle/nJnyfGeSKrDG2FzC8
Registration Process and Fees
All individual team players wishing to take the court during the competition, must register via the PlayHQ portal and pay the appropriate fees by the close date. No player can take the court if they are not registered, and each player must sign the Scorecard each week of the competition.
The Team Captain (or Team Manager) is responsible to register their team’s name via PlayHQ and provide a link to team members to register. The link will be emailed to the Team Captain’s email, and they then provide to their individual team members. The Team Captain must ensure that all team players are registered and then submit the Team Registration Excel Form by the close date to the firstname.lastname@example.org
Netball players who have registered for the 2024 Winter Season (of any NSW netball association) will be charged a fee of $82.00* plus Netball NSW and Australia Netball fees (Juniors 7 years to 17 years $86.00, senior players $109.00) and must register via PlayHQ.
All player registrations must be via PlayHQ link and paid in full at time of registration.
NSW Government Active Kids Program Vouchers (note vouchers expire 31 January 2024, please review their website for more information. https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/apply-for-an-active-kids-voucher) and can also be used towards registration costs, if applicable.
All players once registered will be covered by Netball NSW Insurance.
Netball NSW offers no refunds for player registration. Please be careful NOT TO DUPLICATE your Player registration – NO REFUND.
NO refund for teams withdrawing.
*PlayHQ Service Fee – charges approx. 1.49% per transaction.
Team Registration Form
Team Registration form must be submitted by Team Captain, ensure all players have registered via PlayHQ prior to submission by the close date.
Whilst we note “division/grade” on the team registration form and based on the number of entries, we will allocate teams to respective age groups based on selection, where possible. We do not envisage to re-grade age divisions during the super shot competition, due to the social nature of the competition.
To download the Team Registration Form click on the button above or this link: https://www.randwicknetball.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2024/01/RNA-Summer-Comp-Team-Registration-Form-2024.xlsx
All games will commence and finish by the siren.
- Games will be four (4) 12-minute quarters, (4×12 minutes) with 2 minutes between each quarter. Teams will change ends at end of each quarter.
- Competition rules are as per Randwick Netball Association policy guidelines: proof of eligibility, registration of players, forfeits, injuries & no jewellery.
- Mixed teams or Dad & Daughter teams: 3 males only on the court at the any one time and positioned one in each third only.
- Two-point shots (super shot): the goal shooter (GS) and goal attack (GA) may shoot goals within the super shot area painted within the shooting circle. Music will play during the last 5 minutes of the quarter wherein super shots can be made from the paint area. These goals count for two points if scored from inside the painted area. During the first 7 minutes of play, goals as per standard netball rules, within the shooting circle including painted area, count for one point only.
- Centre passes: After each goal, alternative team takes the next centre pass; teams alternate taking the first centre pass of each quarter. Under normal rules, a toss determines the first centre pass of the match, after which centre passes alternate between the two teams.
Each team will be responsible to supplier their own scorer and should be positioned at the centre court sideline throughout the game. Scorecards may be brought to each court by allocated umpires or may be found in the folder sitting within the centre circle. The winning team is responsible to return the completed score card to the control after the game. Any score cards not handed in after the game will have no points allocated.
Any team found to have players who are not registered but play during the summer competition will lose 2 points. Unregistered players, wishing to play must be registered before taking the court. Unregistered players, if injured during game play, may not be eligible for insurance provided by NNSW.
Patches / Playing Bibs
Each team will be responsible to supply their own patches / playing bibs.
Each team will be responsible to supply their own game ball. The ball used to commence play should be used throughout the game, unless becomes faulty.
Being a social competition run by the Randwick Netball Association, the playing attire will be left with the team. Players can all be in same colour t-shirt with a mixture of shorts, leggings or a netball outfit. All players must wear appropriate footwear for netball and no jewellery can be worn or tapped during play. Being summer, please ensure that players have sufficient liquids (bubblers are located around the courts) and remember to slip, slop, slap!!
In the event of games being cancelled due to wet weather half games will be played the following round. RNA will communicate any wet weather notices via the RNA website or RNA Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/randwicknetball
Any team unable to play their scheduled game must advise the RNA by midday on the Wednesday of play. Team Captains are responsible to communicate any forfeits direct to: email@example.com
Points will be awarded to the opposing team in the event of a forfeit.
The final round of the Summer Comp for all divisions will be held on Wednesday, 10 April 2024. The winning team for each division will be noted as “first past the post”.